- Use novel technology and methods to monitor coastal marine mammal populations.
- Evaluate the health of marine mammal ecosystems.
- Measure the impact that climate change and human activities may have on marine mammal habitat.
- Forecast and prevent marine mammal population decline and habitat degradation.
- Create opportunities for the professional development of local scientists and tour operators.
Ocean Science Awareness
- Networking with other local environmental non-profit organizations and government agencies.
- Develop sustainable management plans to minimize the impact of human activities on local marine mammals.
- Establish an evaluating system for local tour and fishing companies that increase responsibility and credibility of their activities in protecting marine resources.
Education and Outreach
- Promote science in minority groups particularly in the multicultural indigenous communities.
- Develop outreach that increase awareness of our marine natural resources using marine mammals as ‘flaship’ species.
- Develop a citizen monitoring program that enhance awareness and participation in the research and conservation process.